Singapore, June 12th, 2014: Conax, a leader in total service protection for media and entertainment services and a part of the Kudelski Group, announced that at CommunicAsia it will present new advanced technologies to the Asian pay-TV market. The security provider will feature the new Conax OTT Access SDK- a cost effective, entry-level Secure OTT Client developed for pay-TV operators building a basic Over-the-Top offering distributing content with minimal upfront investment and risk. Conax will also launch its new solution for secure streaming of Live TV to iOS and Android devices. The name will be revealed at CommunicAsia. A press briefing will be held Wednesday, June 18th at 1 pm on Conax stand # 1G2-14, highlighting key features of the two new offerings and how they complement the Conax portfolio of content protection solutions.
“Conax is now offering a range of secure and scalable technology, from “do-it-yourself” modules to complete, pre-integrated content protection solutions, says said Are Mathisen, VP APAC Sales, Conax. At CommunicAsia, we will feature a range of flexible and cost efficient solutions; secure technologies developed to prepare operators to manage, expand and monetizing new business models for delivering content securely via broadcast, broadband and connected devices.”
Anchor market position with flexible solutions-starting at CommuniCasia:
Meet Conax at Stand # 1G2-14
Based on the Conax Contego™ unified back-end, Conax provides a broad portfolio of future-proof Secure Clients – world-class content security for any device, with or without Smart Cards, designed to support operators of any size; small, medium and large, delivering unrivalled security to satellite, cable, terrestrial, IP and OTT networks.
- Conax is proud to introduce a targeted solution for anyone wanting to securely stream live channels to iOS and Android devices. The new solution will cater to operators planning to offer an initial pay-TV service with limited investment and a fast time to market. Stay tuned! More details will be announced at CommunicAsia.
- Presenting Conax OTT Access to the Asian market: Conax OTT Access is a highly cost effective, entry level Secure OTT Client that will complement the advanced, and highly secure, Conax Hardened PlayReady Client. These two OTT Clients are tightly integrated within the Conax Contego security hub and are designed to be smoothly interchangeable in order to facilitate an easy upgrade when facing increased security requirements or need for additional features.
- Conax Hardened PlayReady Client – an advanced OTT client that supports key features such as Live TV and VoD, individualization, authentication, secure playback and much more. The Conax Hardened PlayReady Clients support a wide range of devices, including iOS and Android (from 2.3->), and is ideal for operators positioning to integrate their OTT platform with a current broadcast offering to provide premium content; leveraging user experience and wide device reach as a key success factors for a profitable offering.
- Hosted Online Video Platform (OVP) with Premium Conax Security – Developed through the Conax Connect Partner Program, a new partner-hosted solution, secured by Conax Secure OTT Clients, is now available to the market. The solution provides smooth delivery of OTT video content, short time-to-market and supports a wide range of devices.
- Conax Xtend Multiscreen™ - a proven, pre-integrated OTT ecosystem that includes a rich feature set and support for Live-TV, Video-on-Demand, Catch-up TV and nPVR over OTT, as well as Broadcast and OTT services from the same back-end in a complete integrated multiscreen experience. Conax Xtend Multiscreen is developed for operators positioning to offer OTT delivery with advanced features in combination with the existing broadcast infrastructure – and need to implement an OTT offering with limited investment and risk. Features include Swipe, nPVR, catch-up and multiscreen clients.
*Pre-book a meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Conax stand #1G2-14 for a preview of how Conax can help position your operations for a rich multiscreen future.
About Conax (www.conax.com)
A part of the Kudelski Group, Conax is a leading global specialist around the total service protection for digital TV services over broadcast, broadband and connected devices. Through the future-proof Conax Contego™ security hub, Conax provides telcos, cable, satellite, IP, mobile and terrestrial and broadband operations with the innovative, flexible and cost-efficient solutions to deliver premium content securely and positioning to capture new market segments. Bundling more than 25 years of pioneering experience, its benchmark policy for security-evaluated client devices and strategic partner network, Conax technology enables secure content revenues for 390 operators representing 140 million pay-TV consumers in 85 countries globally.
ISO 9001 & 27001 certified, Conax is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices in Europe, the Americas and Asia, and 24/7 Global Support operations in India. Follow Conax at www.twitter.com/Conaxas and LinkedIn
Conax media contact
Head of Public Relations & Communications, Conax
Mob: +47 41 45 80 43