- Senior executives will reveal details of new advancements, customer projects and partnerships at IBC
- Feature-rich Conax Contego technology - holistic content protection solutions that harness unprecedented flexibility and short time-to-market for monetizing content delivery
- Flexible cloud-based content protection including premium 4K and UHD content, simplified IPTV connected security, Multi-DRM made easy, secure OTT & TV everywhere content delivery and more for operators adapting to new consumer behaviours
- Conax Contego-as-a-Service cloud content protection platform an “IABM Design & Innovation Awards Finalist 2016”, identified as one of the leading products or services to be exhibited at IBC. Winners will be presented September 10th
IBC 2016, Amsterdam, August 29th, 2016: Conax, part of the Kudelski Group and a leader in total service protection for digital entertainment services worldwide via broadcast, broadband and connected devices, showcases at IBC Expo 2016, September 9th–13th, a series of new innovations enabling operators to profit on content delivery strategies. Highlights include the recently launched Contego-as-a-Service cloud-based content protection platform unifying broadcast and TV everywhere service protection across devices, technologies and content types. Also featured are key advancements for simplified IPTV connected security, multi-DRM deployments and fast-time-to-market solutions for TV everywhere content delivery; all based on the benchmark Conax Contego unified security back-end. Conax will be co-exhibiting with Kudelski sister companies, NAGRA, Kudelski Security and SmarDTV, Stand #C1.81.
At a Sept. 9th press briefing, senior executives will reveal details of the latest advancements and operator benefits added to the unified Conax Contego security hub encompassing multi-DRM, IPTV, cloud services and secure watermarking solutions – plus details of several key new customer projects and partnerships.
Conax IBC Kick-Off & Reception: 4 pm, Sept. 9th, Stand 1.C81 at IBC
Conax customers, partners and industry friends are invited to join the Conax team for an IBC kick-off with info on the newest Conax features and innovations plus a social gathering and networking.
“Rapid changes in viewing behavior call for service providers to quickly adapt product offerings to provide subscribers with desired content on their favorite devices,” confirms Tom Jahr, EVP Products & Marketing, Conax. At IBC, we will be engaging with operators and technology partners to discuss how together we can maximise the potential of content by tapping the capabilities of revenue security – how our partnerships can create a sustainable, competitive edge for operator platforms combining a holistic security approach with the future opportunities of flexible, end-to-end solutions.”
Spotlight demonstrations during IBC include:
• Contego-as-a-Service cloud-based platform: The benchmark Conax Contego, complete, modular and highly scalable content security platform is available as a cloud-based service, supporting DVB, IPTV and OTT with all major DRM technologies. Conax is providing increased flexibility whilst reducing CAPEX for pay-TV operators adopting new consumer services. Operators can quickly and securely tap growth opportunities in the digital content delivery landscape.” Link to comprehensive new whitepaper
• Simplifying connected IPTV security: The new Connected Access client is tailored to eliminate the complexity of securing a modern pay-TV service. Its unique flexibility allows it to handle both the Conditional Access and the DRM security in one single client. The Connected Access client relies on a highly flexible architecture capable of delivering different levels of security, leveraging the technology available in each device to match the content security requirements, ranging from free-to-air content to the strict security requirements for 4K/UHD content.
• Multi-DRM made easy: Conax provides the ultimate flexibility in securing content across technologies and multiscreen devices – all based on a single unified security hub. With support for Common Encryption and MPEG DASH, Conax’ unique back-end simplifies content protection of TV everywhere services with market-leading DRM technologies (including Widevine, PlayReady, FairPlay Streaming and NAGRA PRM) without compromising usability for end users.
• Fast-time-to-market, secure OTT content delivery: Featuring the award-winning Conax GO Live entry level, end-to-end solution for dramatically reducing complexity and time-to-market for operators experience in launching a secure OTT service. Conax GO Live is a live streaming solution for iOS and Android devices now available with Chromecast and AirPlay support and a monitoring system to analyze customers’ viewing patterns via analytics – all deployable in less than 30 days.
Pre-book a meeting at email@example.com or stop by Conax Stand #C1.81 for a preview of how Conax can help guide pay-TV operators into a secure, feature-rich future
– – –
A part of the Kudelski Group, Conax is a leading global specialist in total service protection for digital TV and entertainment services via broadcast, broadband and connected devices. The Conax Contego unified security hub provides telcos, cable, satellite, IP, mobile, terrestrial and broadband operations with an innovative portfolio of flexible and cost-efficient solutions to deliver premium content securely. Conax’ future-ready technology offers modular, fast-time-to-market solutions that enable easy entry into a world of secure multiscreen, multi-DRM content delivery and secures rights for premium content delivery to a range of devices over new hybrid network combinations. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, ISO 9001 & 27001 certified Conax technology enables secure content revenues for 400 operators in 85 countries globally. For more information, please visit www.conax.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to join in the conversation.
Conax media contact
Head of Public Relations & Communications, Conax
Mob: +47 41 45 80 43