Extending pay-TV to multiscreen and OTT
With the all-encompassing Conax Xtend Multiscreen™ solution, pay-TV operators are able to provide a powerful and secure multiscreen experience for their subscribers. Conax Xtend Multiscreen™ is cost-efficient, easy to use and easy to deploy, giving operators a low-threshold entry into a world of new and exciting business opportunities.
Conax Xtend Multiscreen™ is the result of a close collaboration between Conax, MPS Broadband and Cubiware.
With Conax Xtend Multiscreen™, operators can offer all the rich possibilities of Multiscreen services, including:
- Video on demand
- Catch-up TV
- Live TV
Main features include:
- Multi-device support
- Smart remote control
- Consistent and intuitive user experience across all devices
- Consistent handling of business and content rules across all devices
A complete ecosystem
Conax Xtend Multiscreen™ is the result of a close collaboration between Conax, MPS Broadband and Cubiware. Conax Xtend Multiscreen™ adds support for multiscreen services to an existing broadcast operation using Conax Contego Unite™ as a common CAS/DRM and covers all aspects of a complete and fully secure multiscreen operation, including:
- Content and metadata handling
- Transcoding and encryption
- Workflow management
- Content delivery
- Multiscreen clients
Conax Xtend Multiscreen™ is made up of the following key components:
- Conax Contego™ Unite: Unite provides the ultimate protection for the content and revenue for any operation. It handles content protection consistently across all kinds of consumer devices and includes multi-DRM support, ensuring the best suited security solution for each device.
- MPS Publishing Platform® (MPP): MPP is a full end-to-end content management system for managing, publishing, and distributing live and on-demand video services. MPP controls the content and metadata workflows.
- MPS Peer2View®: Peer2View® works with existing CDNs to improve scalability, reach and efficiency for live video distribution over the Internet or corporate networks.
- CubiTV: Cubiware’s CubiTV Middleware provides a rich user experience and a consistent look and feel across all client devices. Its high efficiency enables advanced services on low-cost clients.
Easy to integrate
Through open interfaces, Conax Xtend Multiscreen™ enables easy integration with pay-TV operator’s existing infrastructure. It works with a wide range of Content Delivery Networks and with multiscreen encoding solutions from companies such as Envivio, Harmonic and Elemental.