- Conax tapping Kudelski synergies; leveraging Nagra’s Beijing test & certification center
- Introducing new option for Conax Pre-testing and Conformity Testing services for regional client device partners serving global pay-TV industry
Beijing, CCBN 2015, March 26th, 2015: Conax, part of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) and a leading provider of complete video content and service protection for pay-TV operators and OTT service providers, today announced it is in the final stages of establishing a Conax test center in Beijing. The facility will provide authorized Pre-Testing and Conformity Testing services certifying client device conformance for Conax content protection functionality requirements. Conax works closely with a wide range of STB partners and other device manufacturers to ensure Conax enabled client devices are developed according to its strict requirements for functionality and security. The new test hub extends the security provider’s current offering for 3rd party test facilities in Europe and India and aims to offer cost efficient access for set-top-box manufacturers and partners in Asia Pacific.
• The Conax testing facility in Beijing will be available from early May 2015
• This week Conax is available during CCBN 2015, Beijing, at a CCBN event suite at the Beijing Radisson Blu. The Conax team will have information about Conax client device testing (link to details) and demonstrations of Conax’ broad portfolio of security solutions for pay-TV and OTT operators
Establishment of the test facility in Beijing further exemplifies how Conax has been able to cultivate synergies within the Kudelski Group since its acquisition by the Group in April 2014. Sister company, Nagra, has a well-established and highly reputable test and certification center in Beijing providing Conax with an agile and trusted solution for quickly establishing regional testing services. A dedicated team of test engineers is being trained and certified to drive and uphold the Conax requirements and robust testing regimes at the facility.
– “During the last 2 years, Conax has security integrated close to 200 STB models, confirms Erik Abrahamsen, acting EVP Services, Conax. While a very high percentage of the manufacturers are based in Asia, we are pleased to introduce a regional offering for our partners. Establishing a test center closer to our STB partners will provide flexibility and reduced costs for STB projects, benefiting both our partners and our customers – leading pay-TV operators across the globe.”
– “It’s a great opportunity to further develop Kudelski Group synergies. It will contribute to extend our service offering that set-top-box manufacturers will benefit from, said Hervé Goupil, Vice President Device Integration and Trusted Platform, NAGRA. Having more than 10 years of experience in testing STB models, we have the capability to ramp up quickly and efficiently a dedicated team for Conax activities”, he adds.
A part of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD:S), Conax is a leading global specialist around the total service protection for digital TV services over broadcast, broadband and connected devices. Conax provides telcos, cable, satellite, IP, mobile and terrestrial and broadband operations with the innovative, flagship Conax Contego™ family of flexible and cost-efficient solutions to deliver premium content securely and enable operators with easy access to the OTT multiscreen arena. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, ISO 9001 & 27001 certified Conax technology enables secure content revenues for 400 operators in 85 countries globally. For more information, please visit www.conax.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Conax media contact
Head of Public Relations & Communications
Mob: +47 41 45 80 43
Conax Client Devices contact
Client Devices Director
Mob: +47 91798861