- Spotlighting demonstrations of new cutting-edge multi-DRM capabilities in Conax Contego™ and Conax Xtend Multiscreen already deployed in the market
- At NABShow, service and content protection provider Conax will announce how it plans to strengthen its IPTV offering placing the company ahead of rival solutions
- Co-exhibitor and sister company NAGRA will demo its studio-endorsed anyCAST PRM solution for the protection of content delivered OTT or via the home network
NABShow 2015, Las Vegas, April 2nd, 2015: Conax, part of the Kudelski Group and a leader in total service protection for digital TV and entertainment services via broadcast, broadband and connected devices, today announced its participation at the NAB Show 2015, April 13th – 16th, Las Vegas. At NAB, Conax will launch next generation multi-DRM solution in flagship security hub Conax Contego™, supporting Google Widevine, Microsoft PlayReady, Conax OTT Access and NAGRA anyCAST PRM. Together with strategic business partners the security provider will feature real life demonstrations spotlighting implementation of the new joint solution at a live multiscreen customer. In addition, at an event at Conax Stand SU8517, Monday, April 13th, 4 pm at NABShow Conax will also announce how it plans to strengthen its IPTV offering including technology it believes will position the company ahead of rivals in the IPTV security space.
– “Supporting multiple DRM technologies is essential to reach all required devices for a TV everywhere service. Conax Contego™ supports PlayReady, Widevine, NAGRA anyCAST PRM and Conax OTT Access, with Common Encryption (CENC) for a simplified and cost-effective workflow. This ensures a unified configuration of DRM with consistent business rules across devices and networks from STBs, Smart TVs, Tablets, Phones, Gaming consoles and PC browsers, states Tom Jahr, EVP Products & Marketing, Conax. At NAB, Conax will provide demonstrations based on a live customer illustrating how along with our strategic partners Conax solves the latest challenges for our customers by building, highly efficient solutions both for the end-user and the operator.”
-“Conax will also talk about the latest product portfolio advancements resulting from co-development efforts between sister companies in the Kudelski Group – the leading provider of content security solutions worldwide – and the multitude of benefits for our customers in all regions.”
Conax, Kudelski Group and NAGRA
Conax will be co-exhibiting with sister company NAGRA at NAB Stand SU8517. At the NAB stand, NAGRA will feature its advanced NAGRA anyCAST PRM solution as implemented in DISH Network’s DISH Anywhere multiscreen service for PCs, Android and iOS devices.
- Conax Launch & Celebration @NABShow: 4 – 6 pm, April 13th, Stand SU8517
Conax customers, partners and the media are invited to join in celebrating Conax latest multi-DRM news. Conax will also share its newest blueprint for Kudelski cross-technology advancements – followed by networking and a launch party.
- At NAB’s Connected Media IP Panel Debate: “Content Security – Protecting Your Assets”
Tom Jahr, EVP Products and Marketing at Conax will speak alongside Christopher Schouten, Senior Director of Product Marketing at NAGRA, as part of the Connected Media exhibit at NAB. Panelists will address a variety of hot topics affecting content protection and the pay-TV industry.
Details: Wednesday, April 15th at 11:30 -12:00 (CM|IP Pavilion, North Hall)
Using Conax’ truly modular approach to a hybrid multiscreen offering, Conax Contego™ unified security hub supports all major distribution technologies and formats including UHD/4K, seamlessly supporting smart cards, cardless and advanced OTT services from a single unified back-end and designed to support operators of any size; small, medium and large, broadcast and broadband. Conax GO Live™ is the new entry-level, targeted solution for pay-TV operators looking to provide streaming of live channels to iOS and Android devices.
A part of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD:S), Conax is a leading global specialist around the total service protection for digital TV services over broadcast, broadband and connected devices. Conax provides telcos, cable, satellite, IP, mobile and terrestrial and broadband operations with the innovative, flagship Conax Contego™ family of flexible and cost-efficient solutions to deliver premium content securely and enable operators with easy access to the OTT multiscreen arena. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, ISO 9001 & 27001 certified Conax technology enables secure content revenues for 400 operators in 85 countries globally. For more information, please visit www.conax.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Conax media contact
Head of Public Relations & Communications, Conax
Mob: +47 41 45 80 43